How to Get Schengen Visa from Dubai
I have been wanting to travel to Europe way before when I was working in the Philippines but I did’t have the chance to apply for a Schengen Visa. When I came here in Dubai, I thought, why not apply now for a Schengen Visa and travel Europe. I am currently on my second year residing in Dubai and I thought it is about time. So, I researched online to see how Shcengen Visa application process are being done here in Dubai. I’m going to share to you how I got to have a Schengen Visa via VFS Dubai.
I planned to travel to Czech Republic on a DIY travel plan so I went to see the requirements needed for a Schengen Visa particularly for this country as Entry Point.
The basic requirements are as follows:
- Properly filled-out Application Form which can be downloaded here.
- 1 recent passport size photo with white background and neutral expression of the face and paste it on the application form
- Your original passport with the UAE Residence Visa stamp and Emirates Card. You must provide photocopy of your passport identity page, your Residence Visa and your Emirates Card. If you have previous Schengen Visa, photocopy it as well.
- NOC Letter from your employer that states your 1. designation in the company, 2. date you were employed, 3. your salary details and 4. the purpose of your visit. I have attached company Trade License and my Manager’s (co-owner) copy of Emirates ID for signature verification.
- Bank Statement for 3 months. Although I gave 6 months bank statement, they only require 3 months bank statement stamped and signed by a bank representative. You can go directly to your bank and request for a bank statement.
- Return tickets to Czech Republic
- Confirmed hotel reservations which I got through Booking.com. You will need to mention the address and the phone number of the hotel as well as the dates of your stay in your application form.
- Travel Insurance Certificate for the whole duration of your stay. I got mine from AXA Insurance provided by a travel agency. It must be signed and stamped by the insurance representative. Coverage must be at least 30,000 Euros.
- Detailed Travel Itinerary if you plan to go elsewhere in the Europe. I planned to stay in Czech Republic at the time of my application so I didn’t need to provide a travel plan. If you plan to go to 2 or more Schengen countries, you must provide a detailed travel plan from transportation to accommodations.
Once you have successfully filled out the application form and gathered all requirements needed. You can head directly to VFS Centre in Wafi Mall. It is located at the 2nd level. Their office is open from 9:00AM to 17:00PM. I suggest you go to submit your application at 10:00AM onwards as applicants flock during the first hour.
When you get there, you will be assigned to go inside the room where Czech Republic Schengen Visa is assessed and accepted. The VFS representative will review all your documents and application form to make sure you have all the required documents and to make sure you have filled out the application form correctly.
Once they have assessed your papers, you will then be asked to pay for AED241.00 for the visa application fee. If you want your passport be delivered, you can pay a little extra amount for the courier. No need to pay extra if you plan to pick up your passport.
The whole processing time took around 15 to 20 days. I applied 1 month before my travel dates. If you plan to visit Europe, plan ahead with minimum allowance of 1 month for the visa processing.
You will be notified of the visa process via email and sms. All submissions are delivered to the embassy same day and processing starts the next day of your application. You can track your application by putting your tracking code given by VFS on their website, by emailing or calling their hotline.
Once everything is done, you will just have to wait and relax. You will be notified via sms when your passport is ready to be picked up or delivered. And then, viola! Congratulations on your Schengen Visa application. Time to pack and get all the things you need for the travel.